Followers

Friday, July 17, 2026

 



Supplies

Template 568 from DonnasDesignz: donnascutedesignz.blogspot.com

My wordart, right click and save

Mask of choice

Scrapkit of Choice, I used: Whisprd Dreamz Under the Scorpio Spel 

Font of Choice, I used:  Designer Signature

Lets begin, oh yes program I used is psp v9

500 x 500

1. copy template and paste onto your blank work space.  

Some people use Shift D and then use canvas resize to get to the 

area we are working with.  I prefer to take it over layer by layer so 

I can put it together how I want, just in case I want to tweak the 

location a bit and what parts I want to use - really it is your preference.

2. When working with templates, the first thing I like to do is get all of

my backgrounds/papers in orders.  To do this, select papers of choice,

click inside each of the dark elements of the template, modify, contract

by 2, layer new raster layer, paste into layer.. Play with  your papers

and how your tube will eventually sit on them.  At this point do NOT 

do anything else with the papers.  On the round layer, add an extra

paper, one light and one dark, with the light on top.

We will revisit the papers in the next step..

3. With my papers, espeically with this type of template where the 

white from the original template is needed, I like to use blur instead 

of shadows. To do this, click on each of your papers, one at a time and

duplicte.  On the original, adjust, blur, gausion blur 4, ok, merge all 3

layers (both your paprs and the template layer).  Do this for all but

the dark circle.

If you remember, I had you paste 2 papers into the circle of the 

template layer for the circle, 1 dark and 1 light.  Bring the light 

layer to the top and add the following settings under effects.

Effects---xero---Fritillary---use the settings below

Granularity - 10

Aggression - 40

Tesselation - 60

Variation - 115

okay

Change blend mode to hard light.

Merge the two paper layers, duplicate, adjust, blur, gausion blur 4, ok

Merge the two duplicated layers and the template layer.

4. My tube and the scrap I chose are darker in nature so I chose to

change the whate dots to a dark grey.  To do this to go

Adjust, Color Balance then Manual Color Correction 

I then duplicated them and gave them a gaussion blur of 2.

5. Add elements to your tag keeping in mind we still need to add 

the word art.  Also do not forget to add drop shadow of choice.

I typically use Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow with the settings below

Drop Shadow - checked

Center Offset Direction - 45

Center Offset Distance (pixels) - 1.41

Overall Opacity - 52

Overall Blur - 10.75

Faded - perspective blur - 40.60

Faded - fade out - 48

Shade Color - black

Mask Selection - checked

6. If you are satisfied to here, merge visible.

7. Layer, new raster layer, paste a paper or fill with color of choice

add mask of choice.

8. At this point, resize your tag to desired size.  I like mine smaller, so

generally resize to 500*500 or thereabouts.

9. Add your word art, adjust blend mode to your liking.

10.  Add correct copyright - make sure this is done AFTER sizing.

Save your tag.  Thank you for trying my tutorial




0 comments:

Post a Comment